March 31, 2012

M.I.A....so sorry

Yes, I know. We have definitely been M.I.A these past couple weeks and we are super sorry about that.
I'll fill you in on a couple things that have been goin' down as of lately.

-My computer took a big, big, big crash on me. Wouldn't turn on, black screens, hard drive failure....the whole sha-bang. Took it to the computer help desk on campus, they told us my computer was having a hard time finding my hard drive & it had to be reformatted. Yes, reformatted. That means everything=gone. Pictures, videos, music, documents...all gone. I posted about my devastation on Facebook, of course, and got a couple reply's on what to do. Turns out there is a little place here in Rexburg that fixed my problem. Well, not my computer problem...but they were able to recover a bunch of my pictures and documents. (Thank you El Genes!) I was able to save everything to USB drives & CD's then BAM....my computer stops working again. In order for me to get it back up and running we have to buy a new hard drive =/ (that should explain the lack of blogging)

-Chris downloaded a Windows 8 Consumer Preview awhile back on his computer. Great program...super fast...but definitely not what his computer needed. Microsoft Office programs aren't compatible with Windows 8 on an XP version computer, and that's a problem for a business major. Even if he did change back to XP, it's not compatible with the school and becomes of the ancientness of the computer, he couldn't even upgrade it to Windows 7. Oh ya, his sound stopped working too. Called Windows and they informed him that there is no turning back. Sorry computer, you are now stuck with Windows 8 f-o-r-e-v-e-r. We had to buy Chris a new laptop that won't be here until late next week some time. (This should also explain the lack of blogging.)

-Spring cleaning took place this week. Everything got a good ol' cleaning....and I mean everything. Baseboards, walls, doors, floors, you name it...it was probably cleaned. It was a tough day, but in the end it was so worth it. Baby gets to come home to a clean house.

-Speaking of baby....22 freaking days. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday we were telling every body the wonderful news. His little itty bitty clothes are all washed and hung up too!

-We saw the sun! Took a couple walks around the park, ate some frozen yogurt and enjoyed life for a couple  of days before the threatening clouds, rain and wind came in and reminded us that we live in Rexburg, not California.

-I must say, the wind is good for something though, we bought kites. You know, the $1.79 ones from Walmart? Chris got a Blue Angels one and mine is Winnie-the-Pooh. We took those kites to the park and embraced the wind. Go us.

-Chris reffed a couple rugby games. One of which was in Blackfoot. High school boys. Lots of moms came up to me and told me what a great ref Chris was. Ya better believe it!

-I became a master at Monopoly. Ha, just kidding. Definitely not a master but it is a new favorite game. Hubs has a Monopoly app on his i-pod and he lets me play it. I used to be horrible until he gave me some tips and tricks. I now have a strategy. We played the actual board game yesterday (for 3 1/2 hrs by the way) and guess who won? You're lookin' at her (well, not really, but you know what I mean!)

-Guess who will be officially DONE with school in July? CHRIS WILL! That means one more semester to go. He just finished up his internship with a local company and doesn't start school till April 16th. We get to spend lots of time together now and that is definitely okay with me!


As you can see, lots has been going on. I'm not sure we'll be back up and running as usual on here for a little while, (especially with a baby coming) but we'll try our best to keep you updated. & you better believe there will be tons of pictures of our handsome little guy on here once he enters this world.

2 comments:

  1. just saw you on The Breit Side! you have a lovely blog xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least this Rexburgs winter has been mild!:) Congrats on the little one!

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!