January 19, 2012

"I'm Bored"

Since Chris started his internship this semester, he comes home between 2-2:30 everyday...
which is really nice because we get to spend more time together. There's a little problem though.....
we get bored, SO EASILY.
We'll literally sit for hours trying to find something to do that doesn't cost money or something that is super cheap. Also, with the cold winters we have here we are pretty limited to things we can do inside. 

Today I started googling (yes, I consider "googling" a verb now a days) "fun FREE things to do with your spouse" and I found a lot of really great ideas. Fun cheap/free things to do! I figured pinterest would have ideas too, so I looked there as well. (that's where I found all the pictures from above) I've complied a list from all the different websites I looked at and thought I would share...just in case you have an "I'm bored" day in the future. 

-Have a scavenger hunt. Make the hunt last all day by giving the first clue in the morning.
-Bake something together. Bake something you both love & have never tried before. 
-Make dinner together. Using only things you have in your kitchen. 
-Create a scrapbook together. Use old pictures, ticket stubs, receipts, etc.  
-Do a crossword puzzle. Sometimes they are hard to do, so use your computer and search for the clues!
-Paint something. Paint a picture of each other, somewhere you want to visit, or something you've both wanted to do. 
-Play The Price is Right. A small game you can play at a store like Wal-Mart. Go there, pick random items and try and guess their prices. See who is the closest and give away a prize.
-Create inspiration notebooks. Flip though old magazines and cut up things that inspire you. 
-Origami. Become an expert. Use you-tube or library books.
-Go take pictures. Do letter art. Find objects that look like letters A-Z. Take pictures, print them out and spell things like Family, Love, Home, etc. 
-Be crafty. Make decorations for an upcoming holiday. 
-Write a children's story together and illustrate it together. This will be a wonderful keepsake & fun for your future children to look at. 
-Order a meal from your favorite restaurant. Have it delivered to your home and have a candlelight dinner somewhere in your house that you wouldn't normally eat. 
-Teach each other. If you can play an instrument, surf, or do something the other wants to learn...teach them.
-Have a theme night. Pick a theme such as Mexican, eat Mexican food and watch a movie such as The Mexican.
-Geocatching. If you have a GPS, take it up. I've heard its a lot of fun. Its worldwide, you can do it anywhere.
-Q&A session. Create a fill-in-the-blank sheet for the other to answer. For example; "My favorite thing about you is _______." Or "I knew I loved you when _____________."
-At home karaoke. Use karaoke.oddcast.com or freekaraoke.com.
-Have a picnic. Make lunch and go outside to a nice quiet spot.
-Have an inside picnic. Too cold? Have a picnic inside! Lay a blanket down on the carpet.

I plan on typing these up, cutting them out, and putting them in a jar for our "I'm bored" days. I have a feeling I'll have to add to the list, but these are a start!! 

**You can also use these for a cheap/free date night :)**

2 comments:

  1. umm, this is my life with mr. taylor. sometimes we just have those days when all we do is watch tv and say, let's do something, but then do nothing. definitely writing some of these down. love it!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! I have to make a toy for my infants and toddlers class and I decided that i am going to make those "bored blocks"! Thanks for the idea! -Sheree

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!