July 20, 2011

Whats Cookin' Wednesdays; Mango Colada


Ok so please forgive me, I don't have a "real meal" to post today. This past week my appetite has been the size of a dime and nothing sounds good to me. I had the hardest time planning our menu for the week because everything sounded super gross. 

I remember the summer days in high school and how whenever we went over to my friend Mindy's house her mom would make us these super yummy pina coladas. They were to die for. We'd take em out by her pool and soak up the sun. I doubt this recipe is even close to the one her mom made, but its worth a shot. :)

**I got this recipe from Our Best Bites. You can take a look at their website by clicking here**



Virgin Mango Colada
1 C chopped mango (about 1 medium mango)
1/3 C cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)
1/2 C pineapple chunks, including some of the juice or syrup
juice from one lime
1-2 tsp. rum extract (optional)
crushed ice
Combine chopped mango, pineapple chunks and juice, lime juice, and cream of coconut in blender. While blender is running, add crushed ice until desired consistency is reached.
Pour drink into glasses (2 generous servings, 3-4 smaller servings).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love!