July 23, 2011

Date Night: Our Night at the Imagination Inn

Let me tell you the story behind this one....every once in awhile I get in this crazy kind of mind set where I want things and I want these things bad. (For example...about a month ago I was on a guinea pig high and wanted one so so so bad. I was in the mind set that I wasn't stopping until I had one... but our apartment complex doesn't allow pets yada yada ya.) 

Anyways, my good friend Cassie is at a family reunion at Lava Hot Springs. Lava Hot Springs is a water-park kind of place with huge pools, slides, hot pots and camping areas....its about an hour and a half from where we live. Chris & I figured we would go see her on Saturday...because really, who doesn't love water parks on hot summer days, oh and because she's pretty awesome! I had this crazy idea (....this is the crazy mind set I'm talking about) to stay at a little bed & breakfast Friday night and then go to the water park on Saturday. Well, things didn't work as planned & it was kinda expensive....so I brought the bed & breakfast to us :) Check it out.

I had to send Chris away for a little while so I could set everything up...I put dinner in the oven and got to work decorating.

Here's our bedroom door. 

The sign.


Right when you walked in the door this was on the right hand side. I made my own labels for the water bottles  and stuck them in a bucket of ice.

The "welcoming invitation" said this:
Welcome to
The Imagination Inn

You are staying in our Tropical Paradise Suite tonight, where warm breezes blow and palm trees sway. This quiet haven invites you to come and stay. Incredibly beautiful sunsets and flowing fountains will create a romantic atmosphere for you.
Here at The Imagination Inn we believe that all our guests should be treated as family. You will be served a delicious dinner and have the opportunity of selecting a movie to watch from our huge collection. Exotic, vibrant tones will surround you as you enjoy this complementary experience.
We also invite you to partake of a relaxing and delicious morning gourmet breakfast experience tomorrow morning! You will be served our
famous pancakes with homemade maple syrup.
 We hope you enjoy your stay. Please let your innkeeper know if there is anything she can do to help make your stay even more memorable.


 The room was decorated with murals on the walls, a monkey, leis, purple lights & flowers on the bed.


For dinner we had Chicken Roll Ups (for the recipe click here) but with a twist. I wanted the meal to look "tropical" so I put food coloring in the butter & drizzled it on top. I made us delicious strawberry banana mango smoothies & we watched 17 again while eating.


We woke up this morning STILL in a tropical paradise and it feels great! :) I'm sure we will have plenty of other nights here at the Imagination Inn. 

 With love,
The Innkeeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love!