July 10, 2011

Waking up at 5am works??

I'm not really sure if I've blogged about this before....but Chris had this crazy, wild, outrageous, out of this world, extreme idea that he should become a triathlete & do a triathlon. There just happened to be one going on at the school, so for 2 weeks...he woke up at 5:00am, 6 days a week, and trained. He's always been an athlete, but in order to WIN you have to practice, right?

Well...the day came for him to compete. The plan??
RUN-3.1 miles
BIKE-12 miles
SWIM- .7 miles
(I had that disgusted feeling in my stomach while I was typing that. I could NEVER do that. Cheers to anyone who does & has ever done a triathlon before.)

I didn't get to get many pictures because of the way it was all set up. But I was there for his final event, swimming. 


He finished with a total time of (drum roll please.....) 1 hour, 3 minutes and 40 seconds. Yeah...what-a-stud, huh?? He was 1st in his heat, and overall was 12th out of 100. 

This picture was taken after he was done....can you see the relief on his face?? I sure can.


GO 704!!! You-da-bestest!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so when Chris first told me he was doing a triathlon, I was thinking of an ironman triathlon. For some reason that's what I thought it was. So I am happy to see that it wasn't. It sounds like it was fun! Maybe I should do one.

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!