June 18, 2011

Saturday is a special day!

Two posts in one day...I'm on a roll! Chris and I were randomly driving around today after getting a snow cone, taco bell & depositing a check. Earlier, Chris was doing homework but we noticed a lot of planes flying around by our apartment complex. (We live across the street from the "airport", I put that in quotes because the airport is so small, I don't even think it should be considered an airport.) They were so loud flying over us that we could hardly hear each other talk. Chris thought this was great! He kept begging me to go outside to look at the airplanes. He put his computer down and peeked out the window, "Babe, it's a Harvard!" A minute later, "look, there's a Extra 300S," and "Oh my gosh... it's a Corsair!!" Chris quickly got his homework done and excitedly went outside. We drove by because we wanted to watch the planes and we found out they were having a little airshow. For all of you who don't know, Chris is a lover of airplanes, we couldn't pass it up & we managed to get some pretty cool pictures. Funny thing, the professor who Chris was doing homework for for that morning was there too. In the picture below, he's standing on the right side with his son who went to the Netherlands on his mission and spoke dutch.
My hubby is so strong :)

This plane is so big they have to fold the wings so it could fit inside the hanger.
This was an acrobatic airplane that just landed. He offered Chris for a flight for $200. I had to pull Chris back.
These helicopters were giving people tours of Rexburg for only $25. Great Deal! But when we got there all the spots for the day were take up.
Chris figured that if he could fix it, he could keep it.

There is something missing here and I just can't quite figure out what it is...
My new ride :)
Chris say's, "It's my birthday coming up... how much is this?"
When you have a world to save, you can only trust DURACELL haha.
I said it was a Bi-plane. but no, he wants to BUY plane.
I'll take it!

Afterwards we went to DI. Hubby got a couple t-shirts and a frame for his diploma. We picked up a set of playing cards and the game "Scene It: Pop Culture." Hopefully we get a chance to play it with some friends :)

We got a kitchen table on Monday from some people in our ward. It's a really nice table and I am so thankful for it! Now we don't have to eat at the couch every night. Anyways, I wasn't a huge fan of the fabric that was on the chairs & they needed a bit more cushion so I decided to recover them. We went to Walmart today to get fabric and padding then I went to work.


They look great! I can't wait to get the desk out of our kitchen so we have room for the table. That's next on my list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love!