May 23, 2011

Its about to be a....duck fight??

As part of our always eventful Sunday afternoons, Chris and I went to Nature park to feed the ducks. We've done this before but usually during the day. Yesterday we switched things up a bit and went around the time the sun was going down. 

We were walking around, minding our own business when I looked to my left and saw a swarm of ducks freaking out in the water. We wanted to get a closer look. We crept over to where this commotion was going on and saw a bunch of black ducks ganging up on this grey duck. Biting his neck and dragging him along the rocks. (my vote, he was the ugly duckling, but I still felt bad for him!) I love animals, and right away told Chris that we had to stop this! We started picking up rocks and throwing them (not in a harmful way, we were trying to help this poor little guy) After hitting a couple of them in the heads, they finally let go. The ugly duckling escaped and went and hid in this forest of sticks 
you cant see him because he was grey...I tried though.
We started walking back to our car when we saw this:


Oh come on! Give the duck a break! This was a completely different duck fight. This time there were no rocks around for us to throw, no sticks to chase them with, so we improvised. Chris used his hands. He clapped those ducks all the way back in the water.

Moral of the story. Feed the ducks during the day, they get vicious when its past their bedtime.
I guess we started the Save the Duck Foundation
(like the name? I think it has a ring to it)
Donations? Not necessary....just help the poor little duckies next time you see a duck fight in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love!