October 20, 2012

We said...


I was recently blog stalking (yes..I am guilty) and came across this post where this girl and her husband filled out a marriage/relationship type survey and put it on their blog. I thought it was a cute idea, so last night Chris and I took on the challenge. We filled it out separately, then compared answers....here it is.


1. How long have you been dating and/or married?
She said: "We dated only a couple weeks before getting engaged, and we've been married for 1 year, 6 months and 11 days :)"
He said: "I say eternity, the calendar shows 18 months."

2. What did you think of each other when you first met? Was it love at first sight?
She said: "I thought he was smokin' hot. He was wearing a black Adidas hoodie, basketball shorts, and a smile to die for. I think it was love at first sight for me...but not for him."
He said: "Just a friend, I wasn’t looking for love and no, it was not love at first sight… am I allowed to say that? But in all honesty, every day I fall more in love with her and she never ceases to amaze me of her qualities!"

3. What have you learned from your relationship?
She said: "Patience. Marriage is something that needs to be worked on daily and not something that comes easy to everyone."
He said: "What’s mine is hers and what’s hers is hers. If the wife isn’t happy, then no one is happy. Sacrifice!"

4. Who makes the decisions in your relationship?
She said: " I'd like to say both of us, but we all know it's me. Just kidding...it depends on what we are deciding."
He said: "I choose what kind of cereal I eat in the morning… that’s about it. Even my clothing must be approved before I can walk out the door. Guys, am I alone in this?"

5. When did you know you had found “the one”?
She said: "I'd say the 2nd time hanging out. He was (and still is) very easy to talk to and makes me laugh like no other. Both were important qualities to me."
He said: "When she told me! At that point, I really had no choice. It was even a miracle that someone would even consider me."

6. What is the best advice you have to offer a new couple?
She said: "Compromise is KEY! Seriously. If you don't know how to compromise you better learn if you want to keep your relationship."
He said: "This marks the end of your miserable life. Soon you’ll find out which end I’m talking about."

7. What was your first date?
She said: "Olive Garden. I taught him how to twirl pasta with a spoon. Meant-to-be-people!"
He said: "Olive Garden – this is where it started, she demanded I eat the pasta her way."

8. What are five words that describe Alyssa?
She said: "Creative, funny, nurturer, planner, betty-crocker"
He said: "Caring, beautiful, smart, hilarious, friend"

9. What are five words that describe Chris?
She said: "Hardworking, cuddly, handsome, smart, STUD"
He said: "Annoying, clumsy, hardworking, dedicated, happy"

10. What is one thing that your partner does that makes you feel most loved?
She said: "He courts me. Buys me flowers, takes me on dates, opens doors for me, tells me I'm beautiful and treats me like a lady."
He said: "When she holds my arm while we walk."


Now go grab your significant other and fill it out yourself, it's fun!

2 comments:

  1. Haha Chris you are hilarious. All your responses made me laugh. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!