October 11, 2012

Five (1/2) Month Favorites

These past 5 1/2 months have been awesome. Like really guys, having a baby changes everything...but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Being a mom (a parent) is the best thing ever. 

Here are some of the things that have helped get us through these past 5 (1/2) months:

All Laundry Detergent. If you have a baby, you will do A LOT of laundry. A lot, a lot, a lot. Dreft is usually the "go to" detergent. You know, the one that all the pediatricians tell you to use. But if you want something that is cheaper, and in my opinion, just as good as Dreft...go with All. 

Baby bath tub. Before we had Hudson we asked a good amount of people about the essentials for baby, and not very many people said a baby bath tub. But I seriously don't know what we would do without it. He STILL uses it & I plan on using it until he can sit up all by himself without help.

Baby Magic Lotion. This stuff is heavenly. I like it better than Johnson & Johnson's stuff. The smell lasts for-ev-er! I even use the Baby Magic baby bath soap. 

Swing. We have the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders swing and sometimes I think it saves my life. Up until this point, he would only take his naps if he was in his swing. And if you know anything about people in general...you know they need sleep to function.

Gerber Oatmeal. I've had Hudson eating rice cereal since he was about 3 1/2 months old...thinking it would help his sleep become more regular. Well it didn't, and just recently I tried the oatmeal and he LOVES it. He even slept 7 hours one night. Ya, sadly it was just one night.

Burp cloths. We go through these like crazy & I try to always have one on hand at all times. Just my luck though, the time that we run into the store to grab something real quick I leave it in the car and he spits up all over me, and the floor. 

Taggies football. He loves this toy. I don't know what it is about babies...but they love putting things in their mouth. Feet, fingers, other peoples fingers, toys, whatever it is...it goes in the mouth. This is the perfect toy for that. See those little tags all over the football? Ya, those go in his mouth. All. The. Time.

Boppy Pillow. Also known as "the lifesaver." Seriously. This little U shaped pillow is amazing, especially if you're breastfeeding. It can also be used to prop baby up and is wonderful for tummy time. Hudson hated his tummy when he was a newborn...but tummy time is crucial, so we used this and he didn't mind.

Cartoons. Now, I'm not one to let the TV be my babysitter. Especially because it isn't the BEST thing for little baby eyes, but sometimes I just need a break. Sometimes I need to get things done around the house and when Hudson is distracted I can do just that. 



1 comment:

  1. I really liked Baby Magic a lot more than Johnsons & Johnsons too! Makes your baby smell so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!