October 16, 2012

A Man's Best Friend...

I have a secret for you. Did you know that (usually) your city/town has a website where all the events/happenings in the area are all organized on a neat calendar? It's called the city council website. Click here to find out what I'm talking about. I love to take advantage of those calenders to find fun things for my little family to do on the weekends. Usually the events are free...but sometimes they cost a small fee or ask for a donation of some sort. 

Last week I decided to sit down and compile a list of events for us to go to. We now have something planned for almost every weekend for the next couple months. I love it. It's something for us to look forward to (and you too...because there will more than likely be blog posts to document our adventures!) 

This past Saturday (October 13, 2012) we went to the local farmers market and then to the 13th Annual BARKtoberfest (you now know the reason behind my post title...) The BARKtoberfest is a festival in honor of dogs. Plain and simple. We went, even though we don't have a pooch of our own, because we knew it would be fun for Hudson. He loves being outside and loves looking and exploring. Whats better than getting your toes licked by something that's around the same size as you? Nothing. Hudson loved that part. 



Now, I love dogs....but I don't love dogs as much as some of these people do. Their priorities probably went something like this: DOG, food, DOG, water, DOG, self, DOG, then kids. We saw a variety of different booths, some that were out of control. Pet photography, custom made dog beds...my list could go on.




I do think that every animal deserves to have a loving home. Somewhere where their owners will take good care of them, love them and treat them with respect. I loved that the BARKtoberfest was promoting dog adoptions.


Overall, it was a fun day. Keep on the lookout for our fun weekend activities to come!

1 comment:

  1. looks so fun! ill have to look that up too! and your baby is getting so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!