October 1, 2011

Date Night: Choose Your Own Adventure Date

It's been awhile, but this week I actually felt like planning a fun, creative date!! With help from The Dating Divas, I planned the "Choose Your Own Adventure" Date Night. I switched it up to fit us, but you can find their version of the date here
To start off, you need to plan activities for 3 different categories....before dinner, dinner, and after dinner (you can add/subtract the amount of categories depending on how much time/people you have.) I planned 3 things for each of these categories...having 9 different options when I was done. I typed up all these options and placed each individual one in separate envelopes (9 envelopes total.) On each envelope I wrote a clue that would help him figure out what was in the envelope (pictures on bottom of post.) 

I came up with this poem and gave it to Chris when I picked him up from school... (it does a better job at explaining that he will be the one choosing what we do that night)
He was excited..especially because everything was planned, but he was in control. We quickly changed and got ready and I handed him the first 3 envelopes.... (the options are printed next to the envelope because I forgot to take pictures before I sealed them up...oops!)
He chose...
and off to DI we went...


After we both found pants & only spent $12.00, I gave him the next three envelopes...

He's been craving Costa Vida and figured that one out pretty quick....Costa Vida it was!


Never been there or wonder what kind of food they have? It's almost identical to Cafe Rio, Chipotle, or Bajios. It's Mexican food, and its delicious! I gave him the last 3 envelopes once we got in the car.


I think "Let's take a swing at this black light thing" sounded a lot more interesting than the other two, so he picked that one & we enjoyed a game of blacklight mini-golfing!! (sorry the pics are blurry..they were taken with my phone!)

And I won :)

It was a super fun, laid back and cheap date!!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun date. JB's isn't that good - so you aren't missing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It was a lot of fun and very easy to do!! I'm glad we didn't miss anything with JB's,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might steal this date idea! We are both always so indecisive about where to go and what to do. What a fun way to make decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy-it was so fun! You definitely need to do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!