May 18, 2011

Whats Cookin' Wednesdays; Honey-Glazed Cashew-Chicken Stir-Fry


Before getting married I never cooked. Top Ramen & cereal was cooking enough for me. My mom was always the one to prepare the delicious meals. While I was engaged, cooking was going through my mind. (I know, I know...its supposed to be the wedding details, mom took care of that too, ha.) After hearing horror stories about how meals burn & things catch on fire...I was scared to cook for my husband and I. 

Turns out...I'm not a bad cook. Everything I've made Chris has loved...(well, unless he was lying when he said it was good. Either way, it makes me feel better.) So as of today...recipes will be on Wednesdays!! Woo! Who doesn't LOVE new recipes?

Tonights Meal: Honey-Glazed Cashew-Chicken Stir-Fry
(sure...it has a long name, but it looks tasty!)


Prep time: 30 minutes (ready in 30 minutes)
Servings: 2 (2 1/2 cups in each)

Ingredients:
-1 c uncooked instant white rice
-1 c water
-3/4 c orange juice
-1/4 c honey
-1 tbsp cornstarch
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 lg boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size strips)
-1 c baby-cut carrots cut in half lengthwise
-1 small onion, thinly sliced
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 c green giant frozen sugar snap peas
-1/3 c whole cashews

1) Cook rice in water as directed on package.
2) Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix orange juice, honey, cornstarch and salt until well blended; set aside.
3) In 10-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, carrots, onion, and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in sugar snap peas. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are crisp-tender.
4) Stir orange juice mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Show us some love!