May 30, 2011

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday everyone! Today is Memorial Day! Not only is it a day that my hubby gets off from school & work (woo!) but it is also a day for us to reflect and remember all those who have served for this great country and for our freedom!
We LOVE America!

As you know...Friday night is date night at our house. It was Chris' turn to plan this week. At BYU-I they offer dancing classes. Ballroom & Latin dancing. He wanted to go ballroom dancing....ehhhh not my cup of tea. I felt really bad... I knew he really wanted to do it but I was kind of in a bad mood and I wasn't in the mood for it. So instead we went to this $5 pizza place here in Rexburg, came home & watched Grease. All I have to say is Chris is the best husband ever. I haven't been in the best moods lately, and I love him so much especially because he puts up with me!

Saturday night he had the idea to go to the sand dunes & have a bonfire! We got wood, drinks, & candy bars from the gas station :) (candy bars were my idea, of course.) It was a lot of fun and it was nice to spend some quality time with him.



As I was browsing through the craft blogs I stalk regularly, I found this AMAZING idea at Love Actually. Its called a "Bad Day Box." I think I need to make one of these for our house. You can find this idea here.

You can find these boxes at any craft store, cover it with scrapbook paper and its all done! She put a cute poem on the top for her husband, but if you wanted you could just put their name or a cute quote on it.

Here are some ideas she had to put in the box:
- notes of encouragement (for a rough day)
- write the things you love the most about them
- write about a favorite memory you share together
- fun little trinkets/objects that will make them laugh
- If they are really close with their family, ask their mom/dad/siblings to write them a little note to contribute to the box
- their favorite candy/treat

SUCH A CUTE IDEA! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you know, but it is ollegal to make fires at the sandunes. People do it all the time, but just don't get caught!

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!