July 7, 2012

Good-bye BYU-Idaho











After 1,460 days of sleepless nights, endless homework, and countless lectures, I'll be ending my college experience here at BYU-Idaho in just 13 days.



I chose to attend BYU-Idaho right after high school in 2005 because of one reason - my sister. Yes, my sister and I are close and she attended BYU-Idaho which meant that I would follow suit and apply for this university too. In fact, it was the only university I applied to.

I hopped on the airplane and flew to little town of Rexburg, ID with one bag, yes, ONE bag! I got there and so many others were unloading from a trailers and trucks.



I started August 2005 and majored in Mathematics. I picked it because I could do it, then after that semester I realized that I didn't like it. Actually, college was such a new experience for me I didn't know what I liked.



Since I started college in 2005 it wasn't all college. 



2006 - 2008 I served a mission for my church in Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City, Lake Tahoe. I met tons of people there and had life changing experiences.



2008 I changed my major to Business Management.



Summer of 2008, I was a youth counselor for a program called Especially for Youth. Traveled to six different states in just six weeks.





Summer 2009 and 2010 I worked for a security company and again traveled to several other states.

 

2010 I became a rugby referee.



2011 I married my beautiful wife, Alyssa Smeda in Las Vegas. No, it wasn't a drive-thru wedding chapel :)



2012 my little bundle of joy came into our life. His name is Hudson.



Now, in only 13 days I will be graduating. I have accepted an offer to work for Wells Fargo starting only 10 days after I graduate.



Since 2005 I have traveled to 25 states, made some great friends, started a family, got a degree, and ready to start my career... finally!




Good-bye BYU-Idaho, Hello World!



1 comment:

Show us some love!