May 23, 2012

Grandma Julene

 I'm a little late posting this (okay, a lot late posting this!) My mom, Julene, came to visit us 3 days after Hudson was born. She stayed for a week and was SUCH big help. Seriously, I don't know if we could of done it without her.

I've never been one to ask for help, but I know Chris and I had a smoother transition into parenthood because of the help we received that first week. I've heard over and over again that life completely changes once you become a parent, and don't get me wrong...it definitely does, but having my mom here the first week made this life changing event easier for me. I still took long hot showers (heck, I even got a couple baths in there too) and I was able to do my hair and makeup (when I felt like it.) Being able to do those things on a regular basis for a week made me feel normal again. Now I don't know about all you other moms out there, but being able to feel normal after having a baby is something I really wanted...and LOVED getting.

Thank you mom, for all you did to help Chris and I out. (She did EVERYTHING guys! Cooked, cleaned, ran errands, helped with Hudson, and even vacuumed the way I like our carpet vacuumed! Yes, I'm a little OCD when it comes to vacuuming.) We appreciate it more than you will ever know.






3 comments:

  1. Your mom is awesome! She is going to be missed more than ever by the Fowlers! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy Hudson. Cute name too! Cindy Fowler

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great! What would we do without our mommas right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, moms are the best especially right after you have a baby! Just a smoother transition with everything more relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!