March 4, 2012

BYU-Idaho Extravadance











The great thing about events at my school here at BYU-Idaho is that they are normally pretty cheap. About 2-3 times a semester Alyssa and I will attend some kind of activity or event. Last night we attended a dance of some type called, Extravadance. Do I know what that means? Absolutely not. If I had to guess, it would have to do with something about dancing extra long or dancing more. Nevertheless, we enjoyed it. I am not going to lie, I have seen better, but for the most part, it was entertaining.



What was more entertaining was the girl who sat next to us. She came by herself which we thought was unusual. Maybe it's just me but how many people go to events like this by themselves? But I must be honest here, I think she had more fun than Alyssa and I put together. When this one boy-group, N'sync song came on, the junior-high inside of her came screaming out believing she was at a real concert with the hottest guys performing. She was screaming, throwing her hands out there, and dancing to every beat to the song. Here's what it may have looked like.... (compliments of YouTube).


The finale was probably my favourite piece. I'm not sure what the genre is called but it is similar to this type of music, which I thought is really cool. I always wondered how they made that kind of music. Now I know, a really expensive keyboard.


Overall, it was a great event. We ended the night by getting some 99c ice-cream from McDonalds. Alyssa told me that it was for Hudson so "we had to" get it. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Belinda and I went to Extravadance one year. Fun stuff. Belinda also had her clogging final performance there and I went to watch her. I thought they were going to tear that building down? Guess not. Cool date!

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!