December 12, 2011

Big Jud's

What is your favourite burger place?


If someone had to ask me that same question, it's BIG JUD'S.


My wife and I have been there twice since we have lived here. Of course I get the juicy 1/2 pound Hawaiian Burger which fills my every artery. And if that is not enough, the huge basket of fresh cut fries will definitely set your cholesterol level through the roof. But Alas! It is all worth it.


My beautiful pregnant wife of course chooses the chicken burgers and chicken strips. I'm not sure if it's because she's a girl or because she's pregnant. I'm not sure why you'd go to joint known for their hamburgers and get chicken. That's just me. Love you babe! 


Big Jud's is about 15 minutes from our home and you'll find it to be a hole-in-the-wall which those are usually the best. I would guess it is a family-owned business and targets the redneck farmers of Archer, Rexburg, Rigby, and Idaho Falls.


To create a visual, here are some pictures I found online. I did not take these pictures nor are they pictures of us.








Now you'll probably ask yourself, why would anyone want a huge hamburger and how big are these burgers??

I can think of a couple: bragging rights, picture on the wall-of-fame...etc. Okay, when I say "etc." that's really all I can think of.

Big Jud's burgers are so big they have to make their own burger buns to fit the size of the burgers. You can really have as big as you want it, or can handle. They will grill you up a state-of-the-art hamburger of anything between 1/4 pound to 5 pounds of pure hamburger. If you finish your hamburger of anything more than 1 pound you can get your picture on their wall-of-fame.

There is a similar burger joint in Las Vegas called Fatburger. I went there to take on the Fatburger King challenge of 1.5 pounds of pure hamburger. it's three 1/2 pound patties with all the fixes. Delicious! What? Are you doubting me? Yes, I did finish it. I'm not going to lie, it was tough. But I did it.  I got my picture on the wall and a free t shirt.



This is a picture of me just before eating my 1.5lbs burger in Las Vegas while I was on my 2-year mission. I felt like I gained 5lbs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love!