September 16, 2011

Nauvoo Day Two

Ok let me just put this out there, I AM A SLACKER. Blogging has been LAST on my to do list, but since its a rainy Friday morning and Chris is doing homework....I have time to catch up. These are the events of our second day in Nauvoo...

We started our day off with a carriage ride pulled by these beauties...

& We even got to pet them. The one behind Chris was camera shy.

Then we went on a Wagon ride to "Salt Lake City" pulled by these two guys. They were feisty. Chris took em by the horns & rattled them a little...showed em who's boss.


Then we took a 30 min drive to Carthage and let me tell you, it was well worth it. This was probably my favorite place.. This was the room in the jail where Joseph Smith was martyred. That was the window he fell out of.

This is the original door, & those are the original bullet holes.

We went back to Nauvoo and were taught how they made candles.

and horseshoes...

We visited the old school house. These are the chalkboards they used to use. Chris thinks its the new generation ipad.

I LOVED being able to go to Nauvoo, it was one of the best experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us some love!